Tuesday 22 April 2014

Developing physical theatre


Sarah Brown
Edgar Allen Poe's A Tell-Tale heart
How did we as a class adapt it into a script?

before we got to setting up the scenes or any stage blocking our 'A tell-Tale Heart' we highlighted the speech of the narrator (internal thoughts), speech of the old man and echoes (stage whisper). it was a long process but only took one lesson to do this made it easier to set up lines and stage blocking for our scenes we devised. once we started devising the scene with the lines we where given I wrote down stage directions or what I was meant to do during or before the lines, I also wrote other students stage directions so I would know my cue lines or when to start saying my lines after a specific important movement. All of this annotating really helped me with understanding where I'm meant to be or what I'm supposed to do.
(pictures with email)



No comments:

Post a Comment